Avocado Salad With Cumin Lime Mayo Dressing
Delish! Adapted from Everyday with Racheal Ray magazine!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey (or sugar)
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 ripe avocados, cut into small cubes
- cilantro, to garnish (optional)
- In a glass or wooden(nonreactive)Bowl, whisk together olive oil, mayonnaise, lime juice, honey(or sugar) and cumin.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce with the dressing.
- Top with the avocado pieces. Serve and enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Mmm, I loved this salad! The dressing tasted a bit overwhelmingly of olive oil at first, but after sitting in the fridge for 1/2 hour or so, the flavors blended together nicely. I used butter lettuce instead of iceberg, which I thought was fabulous. I think some garlic might make a nice addition. I'm only giving it 4 stars just because DS and DH didn't like it as well--neither cared for the dressing. I think it was the cumin-olive oil blend that put them off, perhaps. I expect I'll make it for just me, though! Thanks for sharing!1Reply
see 12 more