Avocado, Mango and Black Bean Quesadilla
photo by emilylh28
- Ready In:
- 2 flour 8-inch tortillas
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 medium mango
- 1⁄2 cup canned black beans
- 2 ounces grated monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- lemon juice
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat, lightly coated in oil.
- Dice mango and avocado- they should be small pieces, but still large enough that they keep their shape when mixed. Add a splash of lemon juice to the avocado to keep it from turning brown.
- Gently mix avocado, mango, black beans and seasonings in a small bowl.
- Put one tortilla on hot skillet or griddle and cover with the grated Monterey Jack cheese.
- Once cheese is melted, add the filling mixture and top with the second tortilla.
- Carefully flip the quesadilla and cook just long enough to lightly brown the second tortilla.
- If I'm eating this as a meal, I cut into four pieces. If I'm sharing as a side dish or appetizer, I cut into six pieces. I usually serve with a simple, fresh salsa.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!