Avocado Ice Cream
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 10mins
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 lemon juice and lemon
- 1 lime juice, and zest
- 2 vanilla pod, halved lengthways, seeds scraped out, pods reserved or 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 4 avocados
- 2 cups whole milk
- Put the sugar, all of the zest and juice from your lemon and lime, plus the scraped vanilla pods and seeds into a saucepan. Bring to the boil, then simmer for a couple of minutes until all the sugar dissolves. Take off the heat, pour into a bowl and leave to cool.
- Once the syrup is cool, remove the vanilla pods. Pop the avocado flesh into a blender with the syrup and milk. Blend till it looks like a smoothie.
- If you’ve got an ice-cream maker, put your mixture into it and churn till smooth and frozen.
- If not, pour it into a large baking dish or deep tray and pop it in the freezer, giving it a whisk every half hour or so until frozen and smooth. You can eat it right away or transfer it to little containers, cover them, and pop in the freezer for later.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!