- Ready In:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour or 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup oat bran
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat granola
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 cup apple, chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat granola
- Whisk together the flour, oat bran, baking soda, baking powder, and spices.
- Mix 3/4 c brown sugar, applesauce, egg whites, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Add flour mixture and mix quickly.
- Fold in 3/4 cup granola, raisins, and apples.
- Spray muffin pans with nonstick spray.
- Fill muffin pans 3/4 full with batter.
- Sprinkle a small amount of brown sugar and granola on top of each muffin, pressing gently into batter.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes in pan; remove from pan and finish cooling on rack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
There are those who eat to live, and others who live to eat. It's only by God's grace that I am not bursting at the seams - I live to eat, love to eat, love to taste and test and try new things! Time prevents me from cooking more than I do, but when I have the chance I could truly cook all day. I love cookbooks - have several purchased ones and several 3-ring binders where I have collected recipes over the last 30+ years. My favorite all-purpose stand-by and go-to is the Betty Crocker cookbook - I have one purchased in 1974 and another I bought in 2006.