Authentic French Quiche
- Ready In:
- 1 deep dish pie shell (either pre-made or frozen)
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 pint half-and-half
- parmesan cheese (to taste)
- 1 cup swiss cheese (shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup gruyere cheese (shredded or crumbled)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 1/3 cup any already cooked meat or 1/3 cup vegetables
- Pre-bake pie shell @425 for ten minutes with parmesan covering bottom. this prevents soggy crust. just sprinkle parmesan to cover bottom before pre baking.
- Saute leftovers for a minute or two to warm. mix cheeses to slightly soften in pan with leftovers. if using no leftovers just put cheese in pre-baked pie shell.
- mix eggs, half and half and spices to taste.
- pour egg mixture into pie shell containing leftovers or just cheese.
- bake @425 for 25 mins until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!