Asian Soup Stock
photo by Starrynews
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 10 cups water
- 2 2 large onions or 2 bunches scallions, chopped
- 4 -5 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 4 stalks celery & leaves, chopped
- 10 cloves garlic, unpeeled and smashed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon whole black peppercorns or 1/4 teaspoon szechuan peppercorns
- 6 whole cloves
- 3 inches fresh gingerroot, sliced (about 1 1/2 ounces)
- 4 -5 dried shiitake mushrooms (optional)
- 2 large parsley sprigs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Combine all the ingredients in a large soup pot, cover, and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Strain the stock and use it right away, or refrigerate in a covered container for up to 4 days, or freeze it for up to 6 months.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My husband and I moved to Las Vegas after retirement in 2000. We lived in South Bend, IN for about 26 years. We both like to travel and we have taken up RV camping and enjoy it a lot. Most of our camping is done in Nevada Utah Arizona and So. California. During the summers our (almost) 9 year old Granddaughter will go with us sometimes. Our Daughter, Son-in-law, and Granddaughter have lived in Las Vegas since January 2001.