Asian Chicken and Rice
- Ready In:
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into juilienne strips (1 1/2 x 1/4")
- 3 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves pressed garlic
- 1 1⁄2 bunches chopped scallions
- 3⁄4 thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup leftover chopped vegetables (any kind)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 tablespoons cilantro
- toasted almond, if desired
- Prepare 1 cup brown rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet or wok, sauté chicken, carrots, garlic, chopped scallions and red bell pepper in oil until chicken is opaque and white, about 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add soy sauce, celery, leftover veggies, white pepper and cilantro.
- Mix all ingredients together, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve on brown rice.
- Sprinkle with toasted almonds, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!