Artichoke and Parmesan Frittata
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup cooked artichoke heart, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon leaves, thinly sliced
- coarse salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 6 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, grated (about 1/3 cup)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat the butter and oil over medium heat in a 10 inch cast iron skillet. Saute shallots until soft, about 6 minutes. Add the artichoke hearts and tarragon. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, beat eggs and milk together in a mixing bowl. Pour over shallots and artichokes. Let cook for about 5 minutes, or until edges are just set. sprinkle the top with cheese and bake in oven for 8 minutes; it should just be set throughout.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm a stay at home mom to a super spunky little girl. She's only 18 months and already full of personality. <br />I love recipezaar and am just getting into the contests and events. It's really helping me break out of my cooking rut. I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to review or post a photo of any of my recipes, good or bad. After all we all have different tastes and suggestions for improvement are always welcome. <br /> <br /><br /><br /><br /></p>