Armenian Eggplant Salad
This healthy, light, and easy recipe is from Nancy Mehagian's culinary memoir "Siren's Feast, An Edible Odyssey". This dish was a favourite at her restaurant on the Spanish island of Ibiza. For those following WW, this recipe is only 1 point.
- Ready In:
- 4 green chili peppers (Anaheim)
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 medium eggplants
- 3 -4 ripe tomatoes
- 1 purple onion, chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped finely
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Roast all the peppers and eggplant under broiler, turning so all sides are roasted evenly.
- When the skins are charred, remove from broiler and allow to cool.
- Placing them in a paper bag allows them to steam so the skins may be easily removed.
- Peel, seed and dice the peppers and place in a salad bowl.
- Peel and dice the eggplant and add to bowl.
- Add the tomatoes, onion, garlic, parsley, and seasonings.
- Toss all ingredients well, cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- This salad can be made 24 hours in advance, and will taste even better when the flavors are allowed to blend.