Apricot Glazed Spiral Ham
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 10mins
- 9 lbs spiral cut ham (fully cooked)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup pear nectar or 1 cup pear juice
- 2⁄3 cup apricot jam
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice, ground
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Place ham, flat side down, on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Add two cups of water to the pan.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake in oven for three hours (or until it reaches an internal temperature of 130°F (55°C)).
- On the stove, mix the pear juice, apricot jam, brown sugar, mustard powder, cider vinegar, ginger, and allspice. Heat over medium heat until the jam is dissolved.
- Brush half the glaze onto the ham--get into all those slices!
- Continue to bake the ham, covered, for one more hour. Brush with the remaining glaze halfway through.
- Remove the ham from the oven and let sit, covered, for twenty minutes before serving.
- Slice and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook! It is such a great way to unwind after a long and stressful day at work. Unfortunately, I don't have much time these days...but I still try to get into the kitchen at least a few times a week. My boyfriend discovered he was gluten intolerant in 2007. At first, I was a little disappointed---no more bread, pasta, cookies, cake... But, then I decided it just opened up a whole new challenge. Now, I love trying to perfect gluten-free recipes, whether it is a new cookie recipe or trying to change a "normal" recipe into a gluten-free one. Update 6/11/09: I'm engaged!!