Sweet-Glazed Spiral Meatloaf W/Ham and Swiss
This came out WONDERFUL, and I'm not big on meatloaf!! I glazed it nicely with dark brown sugar and honey mustard. It's filled with canadian bacon and swiss cheese! Surprisingly good!!!!!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean hamburger
- 1⁄2 cup old-fashioned oatmeal, can sub dried bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- 6 slices Canadian bacon, thin slices, can sub ham
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- In large bowl combine first 7 ingredients til very well mixed.
- Place mixture onto a sheet of foil.
- Press out to a flat, even 8"x10" rectangle.
- Top evenly with 6 slices canadian bacon to within 1/2" of edges.
- Do the same then with the swiss cheese.
- Roll up starting from long side, lifting and using the foil to help you roll it all up.
- Roll up tightly.
- Pinch ends and seam closed very well. Place seam side down onto cookie sheet, or keep on the foil (seam side down)and place onto cookie sheet, that's what I did. Easier clean up!
- Sprinkle with a little coarse ground pepper.
- Bake in 350º oven for 1 hour.
- Coat with glaze during last five minutes of baking time.
- Glaze: mix together honey mustard and dark brown sugar til syrupy.
- *Some hams can turn ground beef slightly pink. It is done in 1 hour. Just check juices to see if they are running clear.
- **"Do-ahead" Tip:This can be rolled up and refrigerated (covered)for up to 24 hours before baking.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 1 more