Apricot Gelatin Salad
- Ready In:
- 1 (6 ounce) package orange Jell-O
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (15 ounce) can apricot halves, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping
- Dissolve Jello in water.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice.
- Add pineapple to Jello.
- In mixer bowl, beat cream cheese and pineapple juice until smooth.
- Stir in the Jello mixture.
- Chill until partially set, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in apricots and walnuts.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Pour into 9x13 dish.
- Chill until firm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is the 2nd gelatin fruit salad I made in a 4 day period, & both are just great! I do enjoy apricots this way & it's very reminiscent of what my mom used to make! A great comfort food, even as a snack during the day! Thanks for posting it!Made this especially for my vegetarian son & DIL & it was a big hit with all of us!
I've been making this recipe for years. I disagree with Connie K saying the orange jello overwhelms the apricots. My recipe actually calls for apricot jello -- good luck in finding that flavor. It's very rare -- at least in our part of the country to find it. The orange jello is the next best flavor. Any time I make this dish it disappears fast! The combination of orange, apricot and pineapple really compliment one another.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
After DH and I moved away from the farm, and to the city...I haven't done as much cooking and very little canning. But I do come to Zaar and look for new recipes once in a while. I'm still cooking Zaar!! I like to play at Facebook, with my family and friends. A lot of my Zaar friends are there!! Yay! It's a good way to keep in touch. We travel more. We're looking at the European trips now. Hope to go in the springtime. I really want to see London, I think I lived there in a past life, I've been obsessed with it since I was 10 years old!!