Applesauce Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs and applesauce, mix well.
- Mix baking powder, soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves and vanilla. Add to creamed mixture.
- Blend in flour.
- Add chocolate chips. Can also add 3/4°C chopped nuts if desired.
- Drop by teaspoons onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes, until lightly browned.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
A few days ago, we made 1.5 size but will likely double the recipe next time. We refrigerated the dough overnight, [though we usually do so no more than 1.5 hours] due to a schedule hiccup; Baked them for 9 minutes; Could have used a wee bit more chocolate chips and cinnamon; Deleted the cloves. I knew it was going to taste good as the dough was superb. Cheers!