Apple Pecan Crumble
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
1 baking dish
- 8 tart apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices (like Granny Smith)
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3⁄4 cup pecan pieces
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly butter a 10-inch baking dish or pie plate.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine apples with lemon juice and zest. Sprinkle the sugar, cinnamon and flour over the apples and stir to combine. Spoon into the baking dish.
- For the crumble topping, combine the dry ingredients in a medium-size bowl. Stir in the melted butter. Spread the topping evenly over the apples.
- Place baking dish on a parchment- or foil-lined baking sheet; bake until the juices are bubbling and thick, 40 to 50 minutes. Serve warm with whipped cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!