Apple Crisp Cookies
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- Line at least 3 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- COOKIES: Cream together the butter and brown sugar until well blended; add vanilla.
- Combine the oats, flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add alternately to the butter mixture with water stirring with a spoon.
- Mix well after each addition.
- (Mixture will be crumbly, but will hold together when shaped into a ball.) Add additional water, if necessary.
- Reserve 1 cup of the mixture for the topping.
- Shape remaining dough into 1" balls; place 2" apart on the cookie sheets.
- Flatten each cookie to an 1/8" thickness with the bottom of a floured glass; smooth edges.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes, or until light brown around the edges and firm to the touch; do not overbake.
- Remove from oven; cool on cookie sheets about 5 minutes.
- For the TOPPING, place 1 teaspoons.
- fie filling in the center of each cookie; spread carefully to cover.
- Combine the 1 cup reserved crumbs and nuts in a small bowl; toss to blend.
- Sprinkle over filling.
- Return to oven and bake 5 minutes more, or until topping is light brown.
- Do not overbake.
- Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheets, then transfer cookies to wire racks and cool completely.
- If desired, sprinkle cookies with powdered sugar or cinnamon-sugar.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!