Apple City Barbecue Sauce - Mike Mills
- Ready In:
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice or 1/2 cup cider
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce or 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄3 cup bacon bits (cooked applewood-smoked bacon ground in a spice grinder)
- 1⁄2 cup grated onion
- In a large saucepan, combine all the ingredients except the grated onion, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the onion. Reduced the heat, and simmer uncovered 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring often.
- Allow to cool, and use immediately or pour into sterilized glass containers.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm a stay at home mom to a super spunky little girl. She's only 18 months and already full of personality. <br />I love recipezaar and am just getting into the contests and events. It's really helping me break out of my cooking rut. I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to review or post a photo of any of my recipes, good or bad. After all we all have different tastes and suggestions for improvement are always welcome. <br /> <br /><br /><br /><br /></p>