Apple Butter Almond Bread
photo by YummySmellsca
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup apple butter
- 1⁄4 cup almond butter
- 1 egg substitute, prepared (such as Ener-G)
- 1⁄3 cup almond milk
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄3 cup crunchy flake cereal, plus some for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F, grease a loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl combine brown sugar, honey, apple butter, almond butter, egg replacer and almond milk until well blended.
- Add the flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spice, stir in until just mixed.
- Fold in almonds and half the cereal.
- Spread in the prepared pan and top with remaining cereal.
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until tests done.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Montessori teacher, nutritionist and pastry chef: baking is my passion, but teaching the value of good food to whole families is close to my heart too! I have a passion for re-instilling the love of good-quality, home-made and mostly healthy food into the hearts and kitchens of children and their families today. I believe that any ?homemade? food, even when labelled as naughty, is a more wholesome treat than pre-packaged, cookie-cutter junk.</p> 9408826"