Angel Hair with Garlic Spinach and White Beans
photo by vrvrvr
- Ready In:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups chopped fresh spinach leaves
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- grated, shredded parmesan cheese or grated, shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, spray with cooking spray, toss, set aside.
- Heat olive oil in large non-stick saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic, cook until lightly browned (3-4 minutes).
- Add spinach and beans, cook 3 minutes.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer 3 minutes.
- Add cooked pasta, cook 2 more minutes, stirring often.
- Let stand a few minutes before serving.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wowwweee! This was excellent! The texture was so creamy, but the calories and fat were low. I used 8 oz. frozen spinach (cooked briefly in boiling water, then drained by placing between two plates and squeezing.) I added salt and also a dusting of cayenne pepper while cooking the spinach and beans. I used 9 oz. angel hair pasta and I had a full skillet that easily fed 6. This is a great recipe and I'm so happy I found it!!
Everyone really enjoyed this. We didn't find it bland at all. If you are use to spicy foods, maybe, as this was mild, but it was very tasty and easy to make. The kids loved it too. I used whole wheat spaghetti and a few heaping tablespoons of minced garlic from a jar. I added things in a different order (spinach after the broth was already simmering) but I doubt it matters much. I wouldn't change a thing and will be making this again. Thanks for a great meal. Oh, and it doubled well.
see 3 more reviews