- Ready In:
- 1 fresh pineapple, skinned, cored, and chopped into large chunks
- 1 lemon, seeded and cut into 4 wedges
- 1 lime, seeded and cut into 4 wedges
- 2 oranges, seeded, 1 cut into 4 wedges and 1 cut into thin slices
- 2 peaches, cut into medium chunks (optional)
- 4 ounces triple sec
- 2 ounces brandy, preferably Spanish brandy
- 2 ounces simple syrup (see note)
- 1 (750 ml) bottle red wine (preferably Rioja or Shiraz)
- 3 ounces orange juice, freshly-squeezed (from 1-2 oranges)
- club soda (optional, to taste)
- simple syrup, is made by adding sugar and water in a 1/1 ratio and stirring until dissolved (over heat if necessary)
- Place about a half of the pineapple, the lemon, the lime, the orange wedges, and half the peaches (if using) in a large pitcher. Add the triple sec, brandy, and simple syrup, and muddle using a muddler or a large spoon. If desired, remove the muddled fruit, squeezing out any liquid. (You can also leave the fruit remnants in, but it looks nicer with them removed).
- Add the red wine, orange juice, and the rest of the fruit, stirring well. Refrigerate until serving.
- TO SERVE: Pour desired amount of sangria into glass (or glass filled with ice) and top with club soda (if desired).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!