Aji De Gallina
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs chicken
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 carrots, coarsley chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups water
- 1 loaf bread (no crust)
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons aji yellow paste
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 4 -5 potatoes
- Place first 4 ingredients in sauce pan. Pour in water. Simmer over medium high heat. Skim off foam then reduce heat cover and simmer until chicken is tender (30 min).
- Remove chicken to plate - cool.
- Strain chicken stock, discard veggies. Pour milk and 1/2 cup chicken stock in blender and add bread cubes. Puree until smooth - add Parmesan cheese and puree until smooth.
- Shred chicken.
- Boil potatoes whole - once soft slice in half, then pour the aji de gallina sauce over the potatoes, garnishing with walnuts and hard boiled eggs.
- Heat vegetable oil in pan over medium heat. Stir in garlic and onion - 5 minutes. Stir in chicken and aji sauce until hot and puree. Stir frequently (and chicken stock if too thick) add tumeric and garnish with sliced eggs and walnuts.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!