Agedashi Tofu Baked in Toaster Oven
photo by InnerHarmonyNutriti
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 20mins
- 16 ounces tofu (I used organic sprouted tofu)
- 4 tablespoons potato starch (for coating tofu)
- 1 teaspoon dashi (soup stock base) (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sake (optional)
- 1 inch-length ginger
- 3 inch-length daikon radishes
- 2 green onions
- 2 teaspoons potato starch (for thickening the soup)
- nanami togarashi (optional)
- cooking spray
- Place a block of tofu in a bowl and put a heavy weight on top for a few hours to drain water.
- Line a toaster oven pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper and spray oil. Preheat the oven toaster to 450°F/225°C.
- Dice tofu into large chunks and coat them with potato starch.
- Bake tofu in the toaster oven for about 20 minutes until they are lightly browned.
- In a meantime, heat 1 1/2 cups of water in a small pan.
- Peel and grate daikon radish and ginger separately. Thinly slice green onions.
- Add tamari, dashi, sake (if using), and ginger to the hot water in the pan and stir. Reduce heat.
- In a small bowl, add 2 tsp of potato starch and 2 Tbsp of water and mix well to dissolve the starch.
- Add the starch mixture to the pan and stir. Turn off the heat.
- In a dish, place baked tofu and top with grated radish, green onions, and nanami togarashi (if using).
- Pour the soup. Infuse love and serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!