Afghan Marinated Lamb (For Kabuli Pulao)
photo by RawSpiceBar
- Ready In:
- 1 . set 1 . 5 lb leg of lamb, cut in cubes
- 2 . set 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 . set 1 medium onions
- 4 . set 2 garlic cloves
- 5 . set 1 cup water
- 6 . set salt and pepper
- Wash and pat the meat dry. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Over medium temperature heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and add the onion. Stir until just wilted.
- Add the garlic and the saffron and stir to combine flavors.
- Then add the meat, the rest of the vegetable oil, and keep stirring until the pieces are browned on all sides.
- Add water, reduce heat to low, and cook, skimming the surface as needed. Cook for 1.5 hours, or until the lamb is fork tender.
- Remove the lamb and set aside in a bowl.
- Reserve the stock.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Freshly ground spices & spice sets, shipped direct to your door.