90-Minute Pork Side Ribs
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- Place the ribs in a large pot and cover with water (you may slice the slab in half if desired or leave in one piece).
- Add in seasoned salt, black pepper and garlic powder; bring to a boil and simmer for about 20-25 minutes or until the meat is tender but not falling off the bone; drain, then place the ribs on a large plate.
- Cover ribs loosely with foil and allow to cool for about 30 minutes or more.
- At this point you may refrigerate for up to 24 hours or until ready to cook (if desired you may brush ribs with BBQ sauce on both sides before refrigerating to increase the flavor).
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- Place the ribs on the grill and cook for about 10-15 minutes or until desired doneness, turning several times and brushing with barbecue sauce.
- *NOTE* for oven baking; heat oven to 400°F.
- Place the boiled ribs on a broiler rack on a baking sheet that has been lined with foil for easy clean-up.
- Brush both sides of the ribs with barbecue sauce.
- Bake until browned turning once (cooking time should be about 17-20 minutes or until desired doneness) you may brush with more sauce while baking if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!