7 Can Stew (A Tasty Recipe Using Mrs. Grimes Chili Beans!)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I've made this thick stew for many years, it's a family favorite. If I recall, the recipe came from a Woman's Day magazine. This is a quick meal with great flavor!
- Ready In:
- 3 (10 1/2 ounce) cans minestrone soup, undiluted (I use Campbell's Healthy Request Minestrone 31.5 ounces of soup-DO NOT add water)
- 1 (30 ounce) can chili beans (I've tried other brands of chili beans, but my family definitely prefers Mrs. Grime's)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained (I use Del Monte Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic, and Oregano-see note)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained (total of 30 ounces of corn)
- In a medium soup pot, combine all ingredients; cook over medium heat until soup is heated through, about 15 minutes. Stir several times during cooking so that the beans don't stick to the bottom of the pan and burn. The soup may be served with cornbread, crackers, etc. Leftovers may be placed in freezer containers or frozen and placed in plastic freezer bags.
- Note: If you don't care for large chunks of tomato in your soup, try this: Empty the 30-ounce can of chili beans into the soup pot, then rinse the can with water. Place the diced tomatoes into the empty chili bean can and cut the tomatoes to desired size with stainless steel kitchen shears.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION