5 Minute Sherried Shrimp Tapas
photo by Chef PotPie
- Ready In:
- 12 jumbo shrimp or 12 prawns, peeled and deveined
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons sherry wine
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and stir fry the prepared shrimp or prawns for 2-3 minutes until pink.
- Add the sherry to the pan; stir and continue to cook for 30 seconds until the shrimp are very fragrant.
- Season with Tabasco sauce, salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These were delicious! And REALLY only 5 minutes for such impressive taste! I'm impressed. I served them as hors doeuvres tonight just for my husband and myself, (our daughter is going to be so sorry she missed out on these, as she loves shrimp!) I had about 20 of the "large" (30 count) shrimp, and since we don't care for Tabasco, used Tapatio. I used 3 big shakes...afraid of it being too hot for me. It was just so good! Next time I will put some minced garlic in there. Thanks rsarahl, for a recipe that will go down in history with my family and friends!
see 5 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a wife and mom of 2 vibrant little boys. They love to create and cook in the kitchen... I love their curiosity and willingness to try new foods and techniques as I introduce them. I love to cook... always have. Thanks to my father for this culinary passion! While I am addicted to collecting cookbooks, my dad taught me to experiment in the kitchen and gave me the gift of knowing that creative cooking doesn't have to come from a book.