1-2-3-4 Cake (Orange)
- Ready In:
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup raisins
- Pour boiling water over raisins and let sit while preparing rest of cake.
- Cream butter and sugar, beat in eggs.
- Sift flour, cream of tartar and soda. Add to creamed mixture alternately with orange juice and vanilla. Drain raisins; add to batter.
- Pour into 9"x13" pan or two 9-inch layer pans which have been buttered and floured.
- Bake at 350 F for 45 minutes for large pan or 30 minutes for layer pans (be sure to test for doneness).
- Can be iced or served with sliced berries and whipped cream. Really good plain too!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Talk about a good cake! This one is it. Tasted so rich (probably all the butter and sugar) and it rose so high in the 9x13 pan. I'm taking it in to hubby's work and I know they'll love it. Unfortunately I had to leave out the raisins because I didn't have any but it was still so good! Made for PAC Spring 2014.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Dogs, collies specifically, collecting cookbooks, and baking are my passions. Canadian Living Cookbook is my favourite. People not using correct punctuation is my pet peeve.