garlic cloves, crushed
rump steak, thinly sliced
fresh basil, shopped
- Wash the bok choy and drain it. Cut the leaves into thin strips.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a frying pan or wok; add the garlic and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Heat the remaining oil; add the meat in small batches and stir-fry for 3 minutes over high heat until the meat has browned but is not cooked through. Remove the meat from the pan.
- Stir-fry the bok choy for 30 seconds or until it is just wilted.
- Add the meat, soy sauce and sherry.
- Sir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- Add the basil and sesame oil and toss well.
- Serve immediately.
- Garnish with strips of red pepper, if desired.