( may use more if you wish)
flaked sea salt
- Soak 1/2 teaspoon saffron in 2 tablespoons single cream.
- Beat this, 1/4 teaspoon salt flakes and 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom into the butter until smooth.
- Roll, sprinkle another 1/2 teaspoon saffron strands over rolled butter, cover again and store in refrigerator.
- FOR GIFT:.
- Wrap each butter roll in foil and then tissue paper, twisting the ends like a sweet wrapper.
- Add a label with the flavour.
- Include suggestions for uses or recipes and bundle together in a gift basket.