cashews, roasted, salted
( include stems)
garlic cloves, roughly chopped
jalapeno pepper, sliced
lime, juiced, plus lime wedges for garnish
- In a blender or food processor, blend together the cashews, cilantro, oil, garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar, jalapeño, lime juice, and 2 tablespoons of water.
- Blend until a smooth paste.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Reserve a third of the marinade for serving with the chicken.
- Use the rest for coating the chicken.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper all over the chicken pieces.
- Coat the chicken pieces with the marinade.
- Chill for an hour or two.
- Bring to room temperature before cooking.
- Preheat broiler or grill.
- Broil or grill chicken, turning frequently, until golden and crisp and a meat thermometer reads 175°F when inserted into the thickest part of the thigh (not touching a bone), or when the juices run clear (not pink) when cut into with a knife.
- About 20 to 30 minutes.
- Serve with lime wedges, reserved marinade, and cilantro.