( Cracked, if wanted)
- Wash and dry chicken.
- Pour olive oil onto one hand and coat all of the chicken.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place in roaster.
- Cut celery into half inch chunks and apples into eights.
- Place half of celery and half of apple pieces into chicken cavity.
- Place other half around chicken in roaster.
- Slice garlic cloves into slivers.
- Place half of them under the chicken skin in various places.
- Place other half either on top of the chicken skin or around the chicken.
- Place in oven at 350F and baste every half hour or so.
- Depending on size of chicken, roasting time will be hour and a half to three hours.
- If wanted, add a few sprigs of fresh rosemary in and around the chicken.