Recipe by ChesBayCruiser
A soup worthy of our Italian heritage. A hearty, soup with Italian Sausage, Potatoes, Kale and a spicy little "kick"!
- 453.59 g Italian sausage
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 236.59 ml diced onion
- 6 slice bacon, chopped
- 9.85 ml garlic
- 7.39 ml crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 709.77 ml kale leaves, chopped
- 1892.0 ml chicken stock (or 1 Qt Stock/1 Qt. Water)
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, cook ground sausage and pepper flakes, until done. If sausage is in links, remove from casing and crumble, (or thinly slice after cooking).
- Remove sausage from pot and set aside. Drain excess grease.
- Add bacon, onion and garlic to pot and cook over medium heat until onions are soft (about 15 minutes).
- Add chicken stock/water, and potatoes and cook until potatoes are soft (about 30 minutes).
- Add sausage, kale and heavy cream.
- Simmer 3-5 minutes, then serve.