Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A good side dish for two people, can easly be doubled.
- 2 medium zucchini, washed and stemmed
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, cruched or 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 lemon, grated peel and juice
- salt and pepper
- Cut zucchini in quarters lenghtwise and then into 1/2 inch chunks.
- Heat 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add zucchini and saute, stirring often and gently.
- When almost tender, add remaining ingredients.
This recipe is marvelous. The simplicity of the ingredients highlight the zucchini. The flavors of lemon, walnuts, and fresh thyme were all subtle. This recipe is easy to prepare, and you are rewarded with an eye-appealing, tasty dish. Thanks so much for sharing this elegant dish.
Maybe I put in too much lemon but I found it a bit overpowering. So I would use less of that. Otherwise it was a very good way of using zucchini.
Very good! Easy to make and it gave zucchini a nice flavor. A nice change for a vegetable that is eaten frequently.