Recipe by Sonya01
for the people who have loads of zucchinis in their gardens and want something different to make :)
Top Review by Debbwl
A nice simple summery side. The goat cheese is a nice complement to the chard zucchini. Made as written using very young small zucchini. Think next time will bring up to room temp before serving. Thanks so much for the post.
- 8 green zucchini, cut into quarters lengthways
- 80 ml olive oil (1/3 cup)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 100 g goat's cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium-high. Place the zucchini in a large bowl with 1 tbs of the oil. Season with salt and pepper and gently toss to combine. Cook zucchini on preheated barbecue grill or chargrill, turning occasionally, for 8 minutes or until brown and tender. Transfer to a bowl and set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
- Combine the red wine vinegar, garlic, oregano and remaining oil in a jug, and pour over the zucchini. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour to marinate.
- Sprinkle over the crumbled goat's cheese and serve as part of an antipasto platter or as an accompaniment to grilled lamb if desired.