Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Saw this on FoodTv's Cooking Thin show. It is a tasty and interesting way to eat zucchini. And your guests will think that you slaved away in the kitchen when it really is quite easy.
- 1 lemon, juiced (adjust to taste)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt, coarse grained
- black pepper, cracked
- 1 teaspoon green peppercorn, drained and smashed
- 1 zucchini, sliced lengthwise into paper thin slices
- parmesan cheese, sliced into long curls or grated
- Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and green peppercorns.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings.
- Roll zucchini slices into a coil and place on serving plate.
- Pour dressing over zucchini.
- Drop parmesan shavings or gratings over plate.
- Serve immediately.
- Note: To make zucchini ribbons, cut a thin slice off the zucchini and discard the slice.
- Place the zucchini, cut side down, and using a carrot peeler, press down hard and cut a slice.
this was delicious and looks lovely on the plate. i shredded the zucchini, and twirled in with a fork to form little bundles. the dressing is light and very tasty. i topped it with parmesano reggiano shavings.