Recipe by Queen Dana
This is another recipe from Mark Bittman's cookbook "The Best Recipes in the World" The original recipe calls for curry but I prefer it with basil. This is a great way to use up your summer zucchini.
Top Review by MomLuvs6
This was a hit, my 2 sons are not big zucchini fans, but they enjoyed this, which is a plus. A new way to serve zucchini. Followed directions as written. Thank You for sharing. Made for ZWT8
- 2 cups flour
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons cold water, you may need to use more
- salt and pepper
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup diced cooked bacon
- 4 -6 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 tablespoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour and egg in a mixing bowl with a pinch of salt. Quickly mix in the butter with your hands and then add the water by the tablespoon until you can gather the dough into a ball. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450°F Grease 10-12 inch round pizza pan. Roll out the dough so that it fits you pizza pan or press the dough into the pan. Bake for 10 minutes and then remove. Let your oven cool to 400°F.
- Sprinkle zucchini with salt and pepper and cook in oil. Cook the zucchini long enough that its liquid evaporates and the slices begin to shrivel a little.
- Scatter bacon and zucchini on the crust and bake for 30 minutes at 400°F.