Recipe by Fluffy_is_#_1
zucchini rolls make a lovely appertizer. you can substitute other soft cheeses, such as cream cheese or ricotta, for the chevre
- 2 large zucchini, cut lengthwise into six 3/8-inch thick slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 ounces chevre cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat the grill or boiler.
- brush the zucchini slices with the oil and grill or broil for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned.
- let the zucchini cool slightly and spread each slice with 1 1/2 teaspoons chevre.
- top with 1 teaspoon of chopped tomato and 1 teaspoon of parsley, and season with salt and pepper.
- roll up the zucchini slices, jelly-roll style, and secure with toothpicks.
- serve immediately.