photo by Artandkitchen
- Ready In:
- 1 kg zucchini
- 1 red bell pepper
- 200 g feta cheese, light
- 150 g Philadelphia Cream Cheese, light
- 1 tablespoon oregano, for the cheese
- 1⁄2 tablespoon pepper, for the cheese
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons parmigiano, grated
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 tablespoon pepper, for the marinade
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano, for the marinade
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- Slice the zucchini and heat in the oven at 180°C (heat and timing are basing it on convection oven) until slightly soft (5-10 minutes).
- Prepare 20 squares of red peppers.
- Prepare the fill with feta, Philadelphia cheese, oregano, pepper, breadcrumbs, flour, parmigiano cheese and egg. Work the mixture with a fork until everything is well incorporated.
- Take some of the filling and roll it in one zucchini slice and fix with the spit.
- Spike one zucchini roll followed by a piece of pepper, then the next zucchini roll and so on until you have 4 spits.
- Prepare the marinade with oil, salt, pepper, oregano and garlic.
- Brush the marinade on the spits and grill it in the oven until golden (it takes about 15 minutes).
- Serve it hot or cold.
- You can also serve the single rolls as appetizer.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a wife, mother, beekeeper, food addicted and lover of nature as well as travels. Travelling I discovered the pleasures for the food, his colors, taste and spices. Now I?m really devoted to food photography and I love experimenting with new recipes to share them with my family and the world. My main inspirations: Italy: my roots Switzerland: homeland Greece: adopted homeland Travelling: spices and dreams Herbs and Bees: education in biology Colors and shapes: love eat with eyes as well