Recipe by Katzen
Creamy pasta shells with zucchini, ricotta cheese, and a hint of lemon, from May 2010 Canadian Living's Mother's Day special.
Top Review by loof
Nice fresh and quick dish, great for a busy weeknight. I don't care for raw onion so left the green onion out, otherwise made as directed. Served this as a meatless main course and next time would add some crushed red pepper flakes for a bit of heat, but as is I think it would be a great side to a heartier meat dish. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 946.36 ml pasta shells, medium or 946.36 ml pasta shells, large
- 118.29 ml ricotta cheese
- 4.92 ml lemon zest
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 2 zucchini
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 29.58 ml mint, thinly sliced
- 9.85 ml green onions, thinly sliced
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- In a large bowl, toss together pasta, ricotta, lemon zest, salt, pepper, and half of the reserved cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, quarter each zucchini lengthwise. With knife, cut away core; cut on bias into slices.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute zucchini until tender, about 5 minutes. Add to pasta, along with mint, green onion, lemon juice, and enough cooking liquid for desired creaminess, tossing to coat.