Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I'm not sure where I got this recipe from now, but this is a tasty way to use zucchini!
Make and share this Zucchini Monterey recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs zucchini, cubed
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash red pepper
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 ounces diced green chilies
- 2 tablespoons diced pimentos
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oil or 1⁄2 teaspoon cooking spray
- 1⁄3 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1 teaspoon butter or 1 teaspoon margarine
- Steam zucchini over small amount of salted water until crisp-tender.
- Combine eggs, milk, salt, red pepper, baking powder, flour and parsley. Mix well to remove lumps.
- Add chiles, pimiento and cheese and stir thoroughly.
- Add steamed, well drained zucchini and stir gently.
- Grease a 2 qt casserole with oil and dust with some of the bread crumbs. Turn zucchini mixture into casserole and sprinkle with remaining crumbs. Dot top with butter and bake at 350 degrees 55 minutes.