Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Another way to use up that Zucchini, a nice different side dish, instead of potatoes. adapted from Dreana Ratcliffe in Kootenay country kitchens cookbook.
- 3 medium zucchini, grated
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, grated
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 cups crackers, finely crushed or 2 cups fine breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- In a bowl, combine first 11 ingredients; mix well.
- Stir in eggs.
- Form into patties.
- Fry in nonstick frypan, over medium heat for 10 minutes on each side, til lightly browned.