Recipe by Derf
Another way to use up that Zucchini, a nice different side dish, instead of potatoes. adapted from Dreana Ratcliffe in Kootenay country kitchens cookbook.
Top Review by Miss Annie
This was wonderful. Anytime I can get my husband to eat squash I feel like I win, but when he eats 3 cutlets, I know he is not just trying to eat a "token" squash. This was so easy to make. I don't know why I never made squash this way before. The outside was crispy golden brown and the inside was moist. I served a side of Ranch Dressing with it. Thanks you so much, Dorothy for sharing this keeper!
- 3 medium zucchini, grated
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, grated
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 cups crackers, finely crushed or 2 cups fine breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten