Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another way to use up that Zucchini, a nice different side dish, instead of potatoes. adapted from Dreana Ratcliffe in Kootenay country kitchens cookbook.
- 3 medium zucchini, grated
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, grated
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 cups crackers, finely crushed or 2 cups fine breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- In a bowl, combine first 11 ingredients; mix well.
- Stir in eggs.
- Form into patties.
- Fry in nonstick frypan, over medium heat for 10 minutes on each side, til lightly browned.
This was wonderful. Anytime I can get my husband to eat squash I feel like I win, but when he eats 3 cutlets, I know he is not just trying to eat a "token" squash. This was so easy to make. I don't know why I never made squash this way before. The outside was crispy golden brown and the inside was moist. I served a side of Ranch Dressing with it. Thanks you so much, Dorothy for sharing this keeper!
YUM! These are fabulous! I love zucchini, and I have been looking for a zucchini cutlet to make.. I have made several that have been good, but THESE...THESE are out of this world! I love the addition of carrot and green onion. Honestly I would never have thought about putting all of these ingredients together to make these cutlets. I love how the outside was nice and crispy...and all together they were just OH SO YUMMY! We ate these with tomato ketcup... we are ketchup freaks lol.. :-) Thanks for this recipe!!!!
This is a very good recipe. In the future, however, I will cut the breadcrumb amount to just 1 cup.