Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Just in time for the bountiful harvest! A change from the usual recipes, these can be appetizers when made in mini muffin tins. For a side dish, use regular size tins. This recipe came from the Pittsburgh Post Gazette.
- cooking spray, for spritzing the pan
- 3 ounces grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups unpeeled zucchini, grated, about 1 large zucchini
- 1⁄2 small onion, minced
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Spritz 6 to 12 muffin cups (depends on how much of the mixture you put in each tin as well as the size of the tin) with baking spray. Spray heavily to avoid sticking.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients, mixing well.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin cups and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Serve hot or warm.
- Tip: It's best to squeeze out the zucchini to get it as dry as possible.
I found this recipe just OK. Needed more zip, but is easy to put together.
A great snack to pack. Might trying adding just a bit more flavoring spices or diff cheese
There are delicious! I went well with grilled chicken but would compliment any number of grilled or roasted meats. I used mozzerella as stated but think that it would be nice with any number of cheeses including swiss, cheddar, montery jack.... DH and I both loved it. Thanks for a great one Jeski.