Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
Smuggle some vegetables into your family's favourite pizza! From a Mollie Katzen recipe.
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 pinch basil or 1 pinch marjoram or 1 pinch rosemary (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Generously oil a 10 inch pie pan and coat lightly with flour.
- Combine zucchini, eggs, flour, mozzarella, parmesan, herbs and 1 T olive oil in a bowl and mix well.
- Spread into the prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minues or until golden brown.
- About halfway through the baking, brush with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil[optional].
- Remove from oven.
- When it has cooled for about 10 minues, use a spatula to loosen the crust from the pan so it won't break later.
- Top with your favourite pizza items and bake at 400 F until heated through.
Very yummy. Love the cheese baked into the crust. Definitely on my make again list!
Now this is interesting. I don't think you could pass this off as an actual pizza crust and fool anyone (we felt it was more like a casserole than a pizza) but this is a great and unique way to eat zucchini. I didn't have the right size pie pan, so I spread the mixture out on a greased metal tray in an approximate 10inch diameter. The toppings really make this recipe, and we loaded ours up with mushrooms, pepperoni, onion, hot peppers, feta cheese, olives, tomatoes, etc. No leftovers to be had; we devoured the whole thing. Great recipe, thanks for sharing.
This is an amazing recipe! I did alter up the ingredients, though-bu it turned out wonderful. I used 1 cup zucchini, 1 egg white (or 2 tbsp Eggbeaters), 1 tbsp whole wheat flour, 2 tbsp reduced fat mozzarella & parm cheese. I added minced onion, pizza seasoning & garlic powder-no olive oil. Mine took about 25 min to bake, then I topped it with some turkey pepperoni & chicken. And marinara sauce :-). Baked another 5 min. Totally satisfies any pizza craving. Will make again for sure!!