Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
A normal pizza on top, with a beautiful, substantial-yet-tender crust: golden, with flecks of green and a slight crunch.
- 2 cups zucchini, packed and grated
- 2 eggs, beaten (ok to delete one or both yolks)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- extra olive oil
- 1 large ripe tomatoes, sliced
- extra mozzarella cheese, sliced or grated
- 2 -3 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- sauteed mushroom
- bell pepper, thinly sliced
- olive, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F Generoulsy oil a 10-inch pie pan and coat lightly with extra flour. (You can also use a jelly roll pan.).
- Combine zucchini, eggs, flour, mozzarella, parmesan, herbs, and 1 tbs olive oil in a bowl and mix well.
- Spread into the prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until golden brown. About halways through the baking, brush with the remaining tablespoon or olive oil (optional). Remove from oven. When it has cooled for about 10 minutes, use a spatula to loosen the crust from the pan, so it won't break later.
- Top with your favorite pizza items and bake at 400F until heated through.