Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Simple and delicious! I can't remember exactly which magazine I got this from--I've had the recipe for so long, but I think it was Parents, or Parenting.
- Dry the bread in the oven for about 10 minutes, while you preheat it to 350º.
- Remove bread from oven.
- Halve garlic, and rub each half onto a slice of bread.
- Slice and chop zucchini and garlic (the same garlic that was used to rub bread), and steam for 15 minutes, or until very tender.
- Transfer to a bowl, and mash well.
- Add ricotta, salt and pepper, and mash well again.
- Spread over bread and bake 15 minutes.
- Note: A tasty variation is to add a bit of parmesan cheese to the mixture, maybe a bit of basil.
My dad loved this! He even asked for the recipe and he NEVER asks for a recipe! Thanks for sharing!
This came in handy on Fathers' Day. We doubled the recipe to cover French bread sliced lengthwise. Great side for foods off the grill!
I made this for Zaar tag, it is so good! Great flavour mix and I liked the fact it was a little bit 'different' A definite keeper. Thanks Canarygirl =)