Recipe by Sweet Diva MJ
From Zone Perfect Meals in seconds. This is my favorite hummus recipe - delicious flavor and a great balance of protein/carbs/fat. My DH and SIL, both big hummus fans, say they prefer my hummus over any other. I often serve it alongside quinoa tabouleh as an appetizer with pretzels/crackers/celery for dipping or as a spread in wraps, etc.
- 2 cups chickpeas, drained, canned, cooked (save juice)
- 14 ounces tuna in water, drained, canned, no-salt
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1⁄2 cup tahini, raw or 1⁄2 cup sesame tahini, raw, toasted, unsalted
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice, fresh (1 lemon)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup filtered water or 1 cup chickpea liquid
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- ground paprika (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the chickpeas, tuna, eggs, tahini, lemon juice, parsley,garlic, cumin, pepper, and chickpea juices or water in the work bowl of a food processor.
- Add sea salt if desired.
- Cover and process until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides with a spatula.
- Add additional water as needed to blend. Taste and adjust the seasonings.
- Cover and refrigerate.