Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe came from my Crossfit Guru Vanessa VDB while we were stationed in Iraq. Hits the spot every time. You can make these ahead of time - they freeze well. Breakfast for dinner?
- 1⁄2 cup steel cut oats (4C)
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free cottage cheese (2P)
- 4 egg whites (2P) or 2 eggs (2P)
- 2 teaspoons smooth cashew butter or 2 teaspoons macadamia nut butter or 2 teaspoons peanut butter (4F) or 4 teaspoons sliced almonds (4F)
- cinnamon (optional)
- nutmeg (optional)
- vanilla (optional)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (optional)
- Mix all ingredients in blender until thick batter. For your fat count, either add peanut/cashew/mac butter to your batter or top with sliced/slivered almonds.
- Cook on griddle just like pancakes with butter flavored non-stick cooking spray until done, approx 3 mins per side on med heat. Add syrup and enjoy!
- Scale as necessary. For a 3 block meal, eat only 3 pancakes.
- I personally add 1 tsp of cinnamon & nutmeg and a Tbsp of vanilla, but I like those spices in my pancakes to come loud and strong.
These were great, will make agian, thanks
Made these for DH as an after workout dish, and they were a big hit! I used two whole eggs and cashew butter and used vanilla and a generous amount of cinnamon. Topped with maple syrup. I'd really like to eat them myself, but unless I find a sub for cottage cheese I'm afraid I'll only make them for DH again - and that I will for sure! Thanks for posting this recipe. Made for Healthy Choices ABC.