1/1 Photo of Ziti Al Forno (From the Sopranos Family Cookbook)
1 hr 15 mins
It's from the sopranos cookbook but I use my own Sunday Gravy (Real Italian Spaghetti Sauce)and Meatballs and it is the best food in the world there aren't words to describe it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ziti pasta, cooked
- pasta sauce
- meatballs (Sunday Gravy (Real Italian Spaghetti Sauce)and Meatballs)
- 1 cup freshly grated romano cheese or 1 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (I use cottage cheese)
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into small pieces
- grated cheese, to sprinkle on top
- 1Put all the ziti in a large bowl.
- 2Toss ziti with 3 cups of the gravy and half of the grated cheese.
- 3Spoon half of the ziti into a casserole dish.
- 4Spread the ricotta over the top of the ziti.
- 5Sprinkle with the mozzarella and rest of grated cheese.
- 6Pour on 1 cup of sauce.
- 7Top with remaining ziti and rest of sauce (it will be almost overflowing) sprinkle with more grated cheese.
- 8Bake covered with foil for 45 minutes and then uncovered for 15 minutes.
- 9Let stand 15 minutes.
- 10Tell me immediately how it was!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ziti Al Forno (From the Sopranos Family Cookbook)
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.7
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 24.6 mg
- Sodium 167.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 10.2 g