Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I just got my new issue of Simple & Delicious and made this one right away. It was so yummy with mashed potatoes. We will make it often in our house. Very quick and easy.
- 1 -2 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons southwest seasoning (McCormick Grill Mates Southwest Marinade seasoning packet)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 4 oz each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- In large resealable plastic bag, combine paprika, marinade, salt, and pepper. Add chicken. Seal bag. Shake to coat. Refridgerate for 10 minutes.
- In large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 5- 6 minutes per side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- Add water, soy sauce, and lemon juice to skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring to loosen browned bits. Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream until blended. Serve over chicken.
I also found this recipe in the same issue and loved it!Been trying to find it again ever since!! Thanks so much for posting it!
I put the marinade on the chicken early in the afternoon so it had plenty of time to absorb into the chicken- it was definitely "zippy." It ended up being too spicy for my kids, but my husband and I liked it. I especially enjoyed the sauce but my husband asked for more sour cream in it. The only note I would make is to make sure the chicken is of uniform thickness- I had to kind of play with mine to make sure it cooked evenly because some of it was thicker than the rest.
Made this for Spring PAC 2008. This got mixed reviews at our house. I made this exactly as written but I didn't think the chicken had much flavor. Maybe if you let the mixture sit a lot longer, maybe it would draw through the chicken. We also thought the lemon seemed out of place in this recipe.