Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this one online and it sounded really good.I have not tried this one yet, but wanted to post it here so I will not misplace it :)
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup sweet pickle relish
- 16 hot dogs, halved
- 16 hot dog buns, halved
- Combine the first 6 ingredients In a large saucepan over medium heat .
- Bring to a simmer and add the hot dogs. Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes until sauce is thick and hot dogs cooked through.
- Place the Zippy Dogs in the buns and enjoy. Serve the extra sauce on the side. Makes 32 Zippy Dogs.