Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
This was in my local paper today which was submitted by Alma Carey. ZESTY BEEF 'N' BEAN WEDGES
- 1 lb ground round
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili hot beans, drained
- 1 cup southwestern-flavored cornbread stuffing mix
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces jalapeno pepper cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- to taste lime wedge (optional)
- Heat oven to 375.
- Combine beef, beans, mix, juice and pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
- Spread mixture evenly in 12-: pizza pan.
- (Recipe can be prepared in a 13 x 9" baking pan). Bake 15 minutes to medium (160 degrees) doneness, until beef is not pink in center and juices show no pink color.
- Sprinkle with cheese; continue baking 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with green onions; cut into 8 wedges.
- Garnish with lime wedges if desired.