Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
This was in my local paper today which was submitted by Alma Carey. ZESTY BEEF 'N' BEAN WEDGES
Make and share this Zesty Beef and Bean Wedges recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground round
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili hot beans, drained
- 1 cup southwestern-flavored cornbread stuffing mix
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces jalapeno pepper cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- to taste lime wedge (optional)
- Heat oven to 375.
- Combine beef, beans, mix, juice and pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
- Spread mixture evenly in 12-: pizza pan.
- (Recipe can be prepared in a 13 x 9" baking pan). Bake 15 minutes to medium (160 degrees) doneness, until beef is not pink in center and juices show no pink color.
- Sprinkle with cheese; continue baking 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with green onions; cut into 8 wedges.
- Garnish with lime wedges if desired.